Saturday, May 12, 2007

~Happy Mother's Day, Moma and Mom D.~

~My MOMA & Daddy, & their 4 children, Andrew, Lincoln, Laura, & Heather~

I have the Best Mother in the World! She has taught me nearly everything that I know! ;) Now, that I have the WONDERFUL PRIVILEGE TO BE A MOMMY MYSELF...I REALIZE EVEN MORE WHAT A SPECIAL LADY MY MOMA IS. I LOVE YOU MOMA!! IF I CAN BE 1/4 OF THE LADY THAT YOU ARE, THEN I'LL BE A HAPPY LADY. =)
This is a poem that I wrote for My Mother for Mother's Day when I was about 15 or so.

~WHAT MOTHERS ARE MADE OF~

Mothers are made of dust cloths & spoons
Laundry detergent and lullaby tunes.
Bread dough, cookie dough and cherry pies,
And they range from 7 to 42 in size.

Mothers run pickup and delivery trucks:
They “deliver special bundles” and pick up rubber ducks.
They have all the answers and "oodles of cash",
Tie each boys tie and each girls sash.

They teach you things like how to sew,
And each lesson they teach you’ll need to know.
They’ve traveled life’s road before you,
And they have some idea what’s in view.

Thank God our Mother can always be found,
I guess they are “open year around".
Whenever we have a need, they help us pray.
And give guidance that’s helpful each day.

They are “lawyers” and “doctors” with a God –Given Degree,
They settle an argument, and patch up a knee.
I could go on naming things they're made of,
But l’ll sum it all up in one word ~~LOVE!
~Heather~

God has also given me the WORLD'S BEST MOTHER-IN-LAW TOO! Thank you Mom for loving me like your very own daughter! I LOVE YOU!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have this privilege, to be a Mommy
To instill Christ-likeness for others to see.
For all of my tasks here on earth are in VAIN,
If my precious children HEAVEN DON'T GAIN! ~Heather~

12 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Mother's Day Heather you are a very good Mommy

love
Beth

Vonnie said...

Great pictures!! I enjoy all of your updates! Love, Vonnie

The Going Blog said...

Heather, You do have a dear Mother. I love her name :) Your frequent postings are such a delight and helpful in knowing how to pray for you. I hope those Columbians appreciate you guys. They probably don't have a clue though. You represent Jesus well. I hope your Mother's Day goes smoothly since I'm sure it will be busy.
Love, Martha

Gayle said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Heather!
What nice pictures of your family.
Your Momma has taught you well!
I also posted some pictures for you on my blog about the Wolfe's
Love,
Sis E

Anonymous said...

I love to read all your poems. You are so talented in so many ways!!!! You are such an inspiration to me as a wonderful Godly mother!!! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Paul and the children are "fixing" my dinner tomorrow!! I can't wait!!!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Mother's day to YOU Heather and to your sweet Mom as well...you are both (& Laura) Women of God. Blessings!

sherryldickinson said...

Thank you beautiful Heather for this wonderful tribute to your Mom and I. You are the sweetest daughter-in-law. I am thankful that you realize that the main thing in life is to see that your children make it to Heaven.
Love, Mom D

sherryldickinson said...

Now you talk about sweethearts! Those 3 children sitting together are sweet for sure! How we love those grandchildren! Lovingly, Grandma/Grandpa Dickinson

sherryldickinson said...

Heather, you have a mother who is unique and very special. She is loving and precious and has been an inspiration to me. Love, Mom Dickinson

Rob and Deanna said...

A beautiful picture of your family, Heather! The picture of the Dickinson side is EXcEllEnt! (who took such a great picture?
:-}) The children are so CUTE in this picture, too!

Eileen said...

Hello Heather, you don't know me. I am a friend of Michaels Mom. I am from Michigan. She had emailed me a comment on my blog and I can't seem to send one back to her. Could you help me out it was so good to hear from her. I lost contact with her in a move some how. Does she have an email address? I really like the over all family picture those are so nice to have. If you would email me I would appreciate it, or if Sherry could. gerard4150@yahoo.com
Thank you for your help. Eileen Gerard

Anonymous said...

OK!!! I claim official 'Photographer' title by default!! Therefore all my trips to Colombia and other destinations ought to be full expense paid.. um.. at least one week a month including room and board?!?! Hmm... (Insert: lifted eyebrows with a puzzled look) What think you??? :) What fun times we've had in PHX, Phoenician, apt. pianos and Colombia. I think we'll be due for another shoot sometime in the near future, eh?! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...