Monday, June 25, 2007

~An Update!~

~Mommy reading a story to Noah~
This week has been SAD for us for we could not get on the Internet for 6 days! We thought that it was JUST our Internet company that was having trouble...but we found out today that...I guess a lot of Colombia must have had a problem with the Internet for those 6 days...for my sister-in-law Vonnie heard about it on the news all the way in AK! (I was able to get on to post on Saturday, and right after that, we lost connection again!) When your long-distance phone line is hooked to the Internet, and that and your email are your only sources to contact family and friends in the USA...and you know you have tons of important email to read...just can't get to it...one feels TRAPPED in a foreign country! But...praise the Lord...I was able to get on the Internet Sunday at 1:00PM! YEA!!!
~Noah "washed the dishes" for the first time...and he LOVED IT! It was a BOY'S DREAM...TO HAVE YOUR MOTHER ALLOW YOU TO PLAY IN THE WATER...HOW COOL IS THAT?! =)~

Since I'm still not feeling well (fighting an infection, and drinking the Colombian cure for it...BOILED DANDELION LEAVES IN WATER =), I did not get to go to church on Sunday. The kids went with Phillip this morning and they reported a good service with 23 people there, and that God is really helping. Our friend Jason, was going to invite our family home with him for a meal...but since I was sick...they post-poned it until next Sunday, Lord willing. ~Phillip snapped this pic of the kids while he and they were walking the MILE home from where the bus dropped them off! Kimberly and Sarah got to wear their new skirts we made last week, and that made them happy!~

Phillip and the kids came home and I told them the GOOD NEWS that we finally have Internet! Then we ate lunch, and Kimberly and Phillip went to church Sunday night. Noah and Sarah were too tired to trek the whole way to church, so they stayed home with Mommy. Since our good friends, PD and Sherri Wolfe, were being installed as Pastor and wife of Hobe Sound Bible Church (on Sunday night)...the kids and I got to watch that service live! The Wolfe's used to attend our Christian Nation Church in Ohio, and Bro. Wolfe was our Senior Assoc. Pastor (to Pastor Carl Eisenhart!) Bro. Wolfe was also our missions treasure and handled our missions money. At first we were SAD to find out that they were leaving and moving to Florida, but now we are happy that they are there in God's will! The service on-line was very special! We love them and pray for them daily, as part of our church in Ohio, and we pray daily for their new Hobe Sound church too. =)
Please pray for my DEAR parents they are packing their moving truck today and tomorrow to move (Lord willing) on Wednesday, June 27th.
~My parents, and my Grandma!~

They will be saying SAD goodbyes to their dear church people in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, to move to pastor some new, dear church people in Westfield, IN! Lord willing Daddy will pastor the "Union Friends Church" there, right across from Union Bible College. We wish we could be there to help them move, but that is not possible, so we are praying HARD for them from here! (God did work it out that Daddy was able to take their van and his Mother, who will soon be 100!! down to Indiana earlier, and a dear lady is keeping Grandma, and Daddy was able to catch a ride back to Canada. This made it sooo much easier on my Moma, who would have had to DRIVE the van, with Grandma, for that LONG way.) We're excited that they will be living in IN, for when we get to come back home on deputation....our home base is Cinci, OH...only 2 hours away! YEA! (That surely beats the 12 or more that it was before!) Thanks for your prayers for them!
Check out Phillip's blog...he's being goofy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom D here. A wonderful & informative post. I am so sad about you not being well. LOVE!

Kim M. said...

Hey Heather... It's been nice "catching up" with ya'll.I'm way behind on blogging because I've been so busy this week! The skirts you and the girls sewed are beautiful. You are so talented especially to be able to sew such pretty skirts without a pattern!
I love the picture of Noah smiling through the sewing machine. Your kids are so precious!

Kim M. said...

P.S. Hope you feel better soon!

Les said...

I hope you feel better soon! I don't think I could drink your "cure" either! I pray your internet connection stays up and running! It will be nice when you come back to your home base, I'll be able to meet you!

kayla said...

Can you get antibiotics there? The nurse in me is coming out. I need more details. Please take care of yourself.

kayla said...

P.S. Glad you got to watch the service last night. We are looking forward to getting to know the Wolfe's better.

LaDonna said...

I'm so excited about your mom and dad pastoring at Union!! That means we'll see them at campmeeting in about 6 weeks. The people at Union are PRECIOUS! You know that's where Dave Fulton's parents attend. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad you got to actually have a "day of rest" to make you feel recharged for the week.

Anonymous said...

i love that pic of noah washing the dishes. so cute. this is Heidi. luv yall

Vonnie said...

I wish we could be there to help your Mom and Dad move, too. I am just feeling overwhelmed with all they have to do. I, too, am happy that they will be in Indiana.... easy access to both sets of parents. Selfish of me, I know. :) Glad you have your internet back!!!!

Michelle said...

Heather, I am sorry that you have not been feeling well. I hope you get better quickly. Great Pictures! I am glad that you are back connected to the US again. We love you guys and are praying for you! Michelle J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...