Tuesday, February 26, 2008

~Even before you know what you have need of...~

First off, Thank each of you for your prayers for Phillip's toothache. God helped him to be able to preach pain-free on both services on Sunday, and by Monday he had no pain at all. Praise the Lord. Also, I've always carried all of my babies the same way....just a basketball in front...so I really have no idea if this baby is a girl or boy...for I looked the same with each. For those of you that have predicted a 10 lb. boy, that is what Noah weighed...10 lbs. 6.7 ounces. I HOPE that this baby weighs LESS than Noah though. =D (I'll post a pic of how HUGE I got with Noah later).
~Does God care about a bike rack? YES! HE DOES!! The bicycles here are sold WITHOUT kickstands! And the way they make houses here...our garage door IS OUR FRONT DOOR. I didn't like it that our kids bikes were always laying down on the floor, looking messy. (We didn't want them leaning against the walls, for the paint is a peach color and gets DIRTY so FAST!!) So, A couple weeks ago I was telling Phillip that I would LOVE to find a bike rack (like they have in front of stores to lock your bikes to) that would just hold 3 bikes, so that our garage and front door would look neater. The next day as we walked to our Fruit and Veggie market, there was a bike rack right beside the guard shack of the guard of our street. So, I asked him if he knew where I could buy one of those. He told me that he would try to find out and let me know. I went on home and then Phillip left to teach his Bible class. About 5 minutes later, our doorbell rang, and it was the street guard WITH THE BIKE RACK IN HIS HANDS. HE SAID THAT PHILLIP HAD ALREADY PAID HIM FOR IT, AND IT WAS OURS NOW!
AND YES...IT HELD JUST 3 BIKES!!

Here recently, Our family has been REALLY PRAYING about 2 HUGE SPECIAL UNSPOKEN REQUEST...and when God gave us the bike rack (for about $7.50) WITHOUT ME EVEN PRAYING ABOUT IT...I told our girls that if He cared about a bike rack...then HE CARES about our unspoken requests! God has already answered one of those request and for that we PRAISE HIM! Isn't God Awesome?!!!

9 comments:

Vonnie said...

I love it when God answers prayer and our children can see what an awesome God we serve and how he cares about every little thing as well as the big things!!

Leah said...

Heather - I think it is absolutely wonderful to read of your answers to prayer! That is one thing our kids still remember is the answers to prayers THEY specifically prayed for!!!

Liz said...

This has nothing to do with your post...although I am grateful the Lord is answering your needs(even the ones we think are small) but I was wondering if you could send me the recipe for the hamburger buns you posted on your blog once. Either email or post it on my comments...if it isn't too much trouble or too hard for me to do!!!

Kim M. said...

God is so awesome. This was really encouraging for me to read today. I have some big prayer requests myself and have felt a little discouraged lately. Maybe God will see fit to answer our requests with a "yes" too.
Thanks for posting!

Kelly S said...

I'm so happy for your answered prayers! It's amazine to think that such a great big God is concerned about our small needs, but he truly is and really does care! What a comfort!

Martha C said...

Thank you for sharing this. I really needed it!

Ronda said...

It always encourages me to hear about an answer to prayer...big or little! Thanks so much for sharing!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Congratulations on the bike rack. Isn't God wonderful. He cares for our needs no matter how great or small. He is so good. We just recently bought a bike for Patricia (you can see it on my blog) and there wasn't a kick stand on it either. My husband paid the extra to have one put on. Tricia has done a good job of using it. So glad the Lord is answering your prayers. God bless.

Kim Davis said...

God is so wonderful!!!!! It is wonderful to look back and see the prayers He has answered and to know He will answer in the future!!!!!!You all are right there on my prayer list, I try to pray for you all each day>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...