Monday, November 10, 2008

~Some pics, Pumpkin scones with berry butter, & caramel apple dip~

I'm a week late posting these pics from our Busy Sunday LAST Sunday. I'll try to post this Sunday's pics sometime this week. =)
~Jimmy and Phillip. We Thank God for touching Jimmy's eye!~
~We had good services last Sunday and then had 7 guests plus our family for Sunday dinner. There is a man named Juan Pablo that really helped Jimmy with our 2 churches while we were in the USA. Phillip had given gifts for Jimmy and Farly for all they had done for us, but wanted to get something for Juan Pablo too. So, we invited he and his family over for Sunday dinner and gave him a nice small hymn book, neat small Bible, and a nice pen.~
~Phillip giving Juan Pablo the gifts that he had purchased for him. Juan Pablo was happy with his gifts.~
~Our guests visiting before we ate. I didn't get a picture of we adults at our table.~
~The kids table in the garage.~
~The young people's table in the garage. =)~
Now for a yummy recipe. I tried these out of the latest Taste of Home and they were good.
~Pumpkin scones with berry butter.~
They served them with berry butter. The first time I served them I didn't have time to make up their berry butter...so I served them with my caramel apple dip and really liked them that way. The 2nd time I served them, I tried their berry butter...but I still prefer my caramel apple dip better. So, I'm posting both recipes and you can decide which one you like better.
Pumpkin Scones with Berry Butter
Berry Butter:
2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
1/2 boiling water
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Dough:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teasp. salt
1/4 teasp. baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
1 egg
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons chopped pecans, optional
If you decide to try their Berry Butter do the following:
Place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 mins; drain and chop. In a small mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and cranberries; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yields about 1/2 cup butter.
For the Scones:
In a large bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg, pumpkin, and milk and add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans if desired.
Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 8 in circle. Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges and place on a greased baking pan.
Bake at 400 for 12-15 mins. or until golden brown. Serve warm.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm sure most of you have this recipe, but just in case you don't...here is a recipe for a DELICIOUS caramel for dipping apples in. And this is what I liked spreading on the pumpkin scones too.
~Cold Caramel Apple dip~
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat cream cheese until creamy and then add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until smooth. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. It's Yum...Yum good! =)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Not too long ago I was making a banana cake with caramel icing and when I was making the icing, I happened to lick my finger before I added the powdered sugar and I thought...this would make a delicious HOT caramel for dipping apples and strawberries. So one Sunday night I made it for our snack and our guests and our family LOVED it. So, I'm posting this recipe too.
~Hot caramel Apple dip~
1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
Boil butter, brown sugar, and milk over medium heat for 2 mins.
Pour it into a pretty bowl, and serve it. It's a little runny...but the longer it sets, the thicker it gets. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave when ready to serve again. It's delicious! ~Heather

4 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Your wrapped gifts look so ornate with the hard candy for decoration. I like that idea. And, your scones with the berry butter look just like they are a picture in a magazine. They look delicious! What beautiful pictures these are of everybody-I know your friends are happy to have your family there ministering to them. It encourages my heart to see how much you guys are doing there for Jesus. I LOVE the pictures of our grandchildren-always! Love, Mom D

Kim M. said...

I love it when you post recipes.... because I know I won't be wasting my time trying them. Thank you!

Les said...

Happy belated birthday! I haven't been on here for awhile. Elijah is so cute!

~LoRnA~ said...

Thank you SOO much for the phone call!! That meant SOO much to me!! Thanks also for praying, it went SO well!! I was not nervous at all which is AMAZING!! I KNOW your prayers had ALOT to do with that!! God is SOO AMAZING!! Thank you also in advance for your prayers tomorrow!! I'll try to update my blog so y'all can know how everything turns out!! Thanks again!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...