Friday, May 22, 2009

~Yes, our son...is now one.~

Thank you all for your prayers for Elijah. Poor little baby, He had thrown up so much that I was very concerned about him. That is when a nurse and a pharmacist both told me that Elijah needed to FAST from all foods and Mommy's milk for 24 HOURS, so that his stomach could heal. That was VERY hard, but we gave him other liquids and some medicine and at the end of that 24 hours he was MUCH better! Thank the LORD!! The end of that 24 hour period was Sunday afternoon and from then on he began acting more like himself. YEA! We were sooo HAPPY to have our bubbly baby back. =) When I saw that he was feeling a lot better, I fed him and put him in bed for a Sunday afternoon nap, and then made supper (for the family, Elijah couldn't eat food yet) and mixed up his birthday cake and we got to celebrate with him on Sunday night....3 days late! Here are some fun pics.~The birthday boy...that is not sure what to think of everything. =) I love his little feet, with his big toe sticking up in the air. =D~
~I quickly mixed up and decorated a simple birthday cake. =)~

~Thankfully the lit candle was interesting enough for Elijah to stare at it, so we could get some decent pictures. He still was dragging some, but was feeling LOTS better than he had been, so we went ahead and celebrated his 1st birthday with him.~
~Us helping Elijah open his birthday presents.~

6 comments:

katrina said...

Hi kimberly Im almost down righting you a letter back so it will be there in a couple days.Im sending you this message on my friends computer so if you send me somthing back I won't get it.

Beth said...

I'm so glad that Elijah is better. I was worried about him.
Happy B-day Elijah

Love
Aunt Beth

Dorcas said...

So glad Elijah is feeling better!!

Kelly S said...

Thank the Lord he is better! He is such a beautiful baby!

Kim M. said...

What an adorable boy! (that picture at the top of your blog reminds me of those expensive porcelain dolls!) So glad he is feeling better!

Aunt Ellen said...

YAY!!! Elijah is better. He is a little cutie in these birthday pictures. I remember many years ago when I was small, the doctor told my mother to let our tummies rest when we all had the flu. We could only drink hot black tea and the liquid that is left when rice is cooked for 3 days. It worked, and we were all hungry when we were filling better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...