Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~Caramel Apple pie~

~My Moma's apple pie recipe is the BEST...and Phillip LOVES IT. But, I found a new recipe for a caramel apple pie, so decided to try it. I added the cinnamon sugar on top because I knew I wouldn't like an apple pie without the topping that we put on our apple pie. It was yummy! (But Phillip still loves our apple pie the best. =) Here is a picture of the pie before it baked. One thing that I loved is that this recipe told me NOT to peel the apples. =)~

~Caramel Apple Pie~
4-6 large red Gala apples, unpeeled and thinly sliced.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I prefer my cinnamon on top.)
1/4 cup water
**SEE NOTE BELOW!!**
Double crust for a 9" pie
1. Place bottom crust in pie plate and place 4-6 unpeeled, thinly sliced Gala apples in the bottom. Place a lattice top crust on pie. Fold edges over and crimp.
2. In a med. sauce pan place all the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and turn off.
3. Pour Caramel all over the lattice crust and apples.
4. Top with cinnamon/sugar if desired.
5. Bake at 475 for 15 mins. and then lower temperature to 350 and bake for 35-40 more minutes. LET PIE COMPLETELY COOL before slicing.
**(It does not have any thickening so sometimes wants to fall apart when you slice it. If you want to add thickening...Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch OR Flour before bringing the caramel to a boil.)**
Enjoy!!

Kelly is being a HUGE help to us! We are loving having her here with us.~

2 comments:

Karen Alga Con S de zapato said...

voy a tenerlo en cuenta hermana la receta.
nos van hacer mucha falta gracias por todo y no se te olvide que te quiero mucho saludes al pastor felipe y a kelly ¡yesssssss
y noah ,elijah,kimberly y quien me falta a sarita los queiro mucho Dios los bendiga

Lori said...

Your pie looks so good, I'll definiently have to try it sometime. I hope ya'lls move goes well, we're also getting ready to move so I can feel your pain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...