Friday, November 27, 2009

~Our Thanksgiving day.~

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was a special day being with family and praising God for alllll He has done for us. Here are some pictures of our day. =)
~Everybody pitched in and helped get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Here Gramp is cutting up the bread for the homemade dressing while Elijah drags a bear around the kitchen. =)~
~Even Grandma Bryan...102 (plus) helpd to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Kimberly was Gram's right hand lady in getting ready for company on Tuesday and the Hausman's arrival on Wednesday...and then Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.~
~Setting up and playing with Gram's train.~
~A sweet lady from Daddy and Moma's church baked this beautiful choc. cake and brought it in for our Thanksgiving dinner! Thank you, Pam, it was delicious!!~
~It is always a blast to be with the cousins.~
~UNCLE PHILLIP MADE US SMILE! He found these edible wax mustache and lips on sale for a few cents a piece and bought them for our kids to have some fun with.~
~Sarah blowing a kiss.~
~Gramp reading the grandkids a story.~
~The girl cousins enjoyed spending the night together in the motor home.~
~Having fun...giggling and talking late into the night. I came to the motor home and knocked on their window and scared them half to death. It was fun. =D~
~The pretty centerpiece. Sis. Kemp got me these adorable fall candle holders years ago, and I have been letting Moma borrow them.~
~The pretty Thanksgiving table. I was thrilled to get these placemates for 80% off at Hobby Lobby, and so I offered that we could use them for our Thanksgiving table.~
~Natasha, Brittany, and Kimberly playing a game of scrabble~
~Elijah "playing a piano duet" with Aunt Laura. (I think he was asking her what note he should play next. =)~
~How many blessings we have! Our family...getting to with them for Thanksgiving...and serving Jesus, to name a few!~
~Moma and I made the yummy pumpkin pies.~
~Elijah agreed that the pumpkin pie was delicious! He picked up someone's pie that he found and licked the filling out of the crust and then ate the crust. =)~
~Gram bought fun Christmas coloring books for the kids and gave them to them after Thanksgiving dinner.~
~It was special to get to celebrate Thanksgiving with Grandma Bryan who is 102 plus!~
~Darla and Sarah, Bryan and Noah did a little program for us.~
~Gram and Gramp listening to the little program.~
~I trust that y'all had a very Happy Thanksgiving as well!~

6 comments:

Serving Jesus in the valley of the sun said...

What a wonderful time to spend with family. You are so right, before I got saved thanksgiving day was not just about being thankful but "my football" game was the focal point of the day.. But when JESUS comes into your heart ALL that changes.. Oh what a wonder HE is... Such a joy to spend with friends and family and tell how thankful you are and for what HE does in our lives... We spent it down at Gospel Center Camp this year and we SO enjoyed ourselves to be surrounded by good people and in a good campmeeting.. So glad you had such a wonderful day, I had the chance to spend a few mins washing dishes yesterday with your dear ML.. She is such a good woman, I so admire her! Love and Prayers to you and your family.. Keep in touch!

lila said...

I'm so happy you got to spend this Thanksgiving with family. It would have been nice to have been there. Your family feels like family to us. I love the pictures. love you tons

sherryldickinson said...

The beautifully set table, and then, all of you sitting around that table was such a gorgeous sight. I love how your family works so hard to make a pretty table on which to eat special meals.
And, I loved seeing the pretty piece of Pumpkin pie with the decor of a fall leaf crust on top of it. You and your mom are something else when it comes to details!
I know just how Elijah felt when he was eating that Pumpkin pie! I can just lap up the filling and the crust too!
It was wonderful seeing all of you in these pictures! And, Elijah looking up at his Aunt Laura at the piano is such an adorable picture!
Oh how I love you guys!
Mom D

Martha C said...

Dear Heather, I so enjoyed seeing all of your Thanksgiving pics! I love seeing the way your family does things. My apologies for not commenting in so long. . . Sometimes I am lazy, and sometimes the computer has problems. :-( Just wanted to let you know that I often "check in." Wish we could have been in AZ at the same time. (My in-laws purchased tickets for us to come after Christmas.)
I also wanted to let you know that I am so excited about the motor home!!!! I just about cried tears of joy over that post! Blessings on your travels. Love you!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah yesterday!

Sarah Cook said...

It was nice seeing y'all the other day. The music was wonderful! I told Sis Manley that I wanted one of those songs... do you have a CD of those? So enjoyed having you at our church... you have a special family! Thanks for the book and for praying for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...