Thursday, March 4, 2010

~News of baby and Me~

Well, I surely wasn't expecting to go to the doctor today. However, Pastor Jimmy and Sis. Farly came by and suggested that we go to a doctor! I was wanting to go to the doctor to make sure that everything was ok, just wasn't sure it was safe yet with the riots going on. They took Phillip and me to a doctor near our house, and then I had an ultrasound! The good news is that BABY is doing great, the heart beat is good, and I got to see him/her moving around. How special!!! The other good news is that I'm only having ONE baby!! Praise the Lord! I had no clue how I would have twins with our life (constantly traveling) serving Jesus. =) God knows what is best!
~Here's a little picture of our precious bundle. Cute huh?!~
The bad news is that I have Subchorial Hematoma, which as I understand is like a placenta that has a wound. The doctor did not put me on complete bed rest, but I cannot clean, have to be careful what I do, and I cannot climb or descend the 38 steps that we have to climb to get to our apartment, and cannot walk much yet. The doctor wants to me to take some pills that have progesterone in them which should help everything get better. And he wants to see me again in 10 days and will do another ultrasound to see how things are progressing. With much prayer, God is able to heal that completely! Thank you for your concern and prayers!

12 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Heather, that baby is so cute! He looks like Calvin Hobbs! You may have to name him/her Calvin or Calvinette Hobbs Dickinson. (Ha!)
Dear Me! You would have to live upstairs now. Maybe later you could write a book about "My Life In Prison", like the book Madame Guyon wrote.
Your family's missionary endeavors have taken a new turn. All are going to have to take care of you and the baby, until you are able to do a bit more.
We love you and are SO happy that you were able to see a doctor today. Since you know more about what is happening with you physically, you will be able to function a bit easier.
I am happy for you!
Mom D

Vonnie said...

Oh Heather, you can see why I love my job so much. I get to see babies that size and littler almost every day. They are so precious. I'm guessing you must be 9 or 10 weeks then (gestational age). Is that about right? Sweet, sweet baby!! I love it already!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet, I loved our little baby when you first shared the news and before I saw the tiny bundle but seeing it is believing and now that baby has filled the "17th" portion of my Gram heart! We are praying for the Mommy and all the other six for we love you all. So glad that you saw a Dr and will have good care. Please thank Jimmy and Farley for us for all their help to you and the family. Gram

PS Please inform that cute other Moma that Calvin and Calvinette is a NOT in the Bible. ;-)

Misty said...

Will be praying for you and baby!!

Kimberly said...

So glad you were able to see the doctor. Prayers for yours and baby's protection. Love you.

Angie D said...

Praying for all of you! We enjoy reading your updates very much!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Please take care of yourself and baby!! I'll add you to my prayerlist. Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Heather,
Praying for you and Baby #5!!!! It was great to get to chat with you this a.m. & get your Dr.s news 1st handed! We ARE praying that ALL things work out according to HIS will! Love you MUCH, your sis, Laura
P.S. In my Bible reading today was this verse that stuck out to me after we had chatted Eph.3:20! God is totally able!!!

Marla said...

Heather,I do not know if you remember me or not. My maiden name was Gilley My Father pastored the Shoals Holiness Church when your Father pastored at Loogootee. I have been following your blog for awhile now. You are in our prayers. God Bless you and your family.

lila said...

Awesome to see baby #5. I know it will get cuter as time goes on lol. So happy baby is healthy.
Take care, thanks for the update. love you tons

Anonymous said...

God bless the little one and bless you with healing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Your family is in my prayers. I love you guys. Love Katrina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...