Thursday, October 14, 2010

~God's Bible School Homecoming #1!!~

~My sweetheart and I at the yummy banquet they served on Friday night of Homecoming. Since baby Mary was only 9 days old, it was probably too soon for she and I to be out, but I WAS DYING TO GO, so we went. We are GLAD that we did.~

~We were delighted to see Bro. and Sis. Sankey (better known to us as Dad II and Mom II) at GBS homecoming. I was glad to get this picture of them and baby Mary.~
~My Daddy, Mrs. Janet, and my Moma. Mrs. Janet was the secretary and my Dad was the president of their GBS class all four years of high school.~
~Dear Bro. and Sis. Wolf were honored at this homecoming!~
~Elijah and his "twin" Levi.~
~Bro. Wolf directed the alumni band.~
~Here is the alumni choir singing under the direction of Bro. Wolf. I didn't know about it, until it was too late to sign up. When I walked into service that night, one of my friends asked me if I were going to sing in the choir? I told her that I didn't know about it until it was too late to sign up. She told me that I ought to go ahead and sing, for they HAD NOT practiced. She showed me the music that they were going to sing. I quickly looked it over, and decided that I would go up and sing. I had WANTED TO SING WITH MY WHOLE HEART!!! So...I am standing on the front row on your right in the long winter white skirt. It was neat that it worked out that I got to stand by Valorie Q., and Cindy...since we used to stand beside each other in choir way back when. =D (By the looks of the crowd on that platform, I think there were others who did the same thing I did. Didn't get to sign up, but sang anyway. =)
It was SOOO FUN to sing in the GBS choir directed by Bro. Wolf one last time!! =)~
~This is what sweet little Mary did... so Mommy got to enjoy the entire service on Friday night!~
~Bro. Wolf holding the lighted torch, while Bro. Crater led the current GBS choir in "Carry your candle and Go light your world."
~President Avery presented Bro. Wolf with Bro. R.E. Carol's Bible (that is who he got saved under), and a neat original painting that had hung in Bro. Wolf's office for years.~
~The entire Wolf family.~
~Our Sarah and one of her friends from deputation. =)~
After the service we grabbed some yummy Graeter's Ice cream from the caffeteria and headed home...so we could get some sleep...and come back on Saturday morning for more of homecoming. Those pics will post soon!

3 comments:

Sarah Cook said...

oh, wow! I wish I could have come! Ron and I were at a jail ministry banquet here in Dayton. Too bad they had to be on the same weekend. Looks like fun! Whose little boy is that with your son? They sooo do look like twins!

lila said...

very nice. I'm so glad you got to go! love you tons

Unknown said...

It was so nice to see you Heather. Your baby is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...