Wednesday, April 27, 2011

~A Flower tutorial~

~In the Dec. 2010 Better Homes and Gardens (p. 64) they show a Flower Garland made of these flowers.  While listening to IHC services I decided to make one of these flowers to wear.  My flower didn't turn out perfectly but probably only our CREATOR can make a "perfect flower."  =)~

~You cut 6 (2") circles, and 6 (1 1/2") circles like the ones below.  They show using felt, but I used jean and then turned the inside circle up-side-down for a contrast.  Pinch a set of circles together at the bottom and run a threaded needle through the four layers.  Then repeat with the other 5, sewing them together to make a flower.~




~And here is the finished product.  Enjoy!~
Not everyone is called to be a foreign missionary.
But...we can all BRIGHTEN THE CORNER WHERE WE ARE!
~Take a tray of cookies to a shut-in.
~Bake treats to pass out to the Sunday School kids at your church (AFTER church.=)
~Show a Christ-like attitude to your own family. (Sometimes we are more kind to strangers.)
~Smile in the shopping line when everyone else is upset!
~Reach out to someone and show them the love of Christ.

4 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

What a nifty little craft idea this flower is!
Also, Phillip's quick advice on using the streaming AUDIO instead of the video is much welcomed. I didn't get to use it tonight because of the GREAT RUSH to get ready for prayer meeting but I am hoping it will work for me tomorrow.
I was trying to iron while listening to IHC this evening before church. I had washed my living room curtains and I was ironing them.
Love, Mom D

lila said...

Cute flower and very good advice my dear Heather. love you tons

Daryl Hausman said...

How fun! I love making homemade flowers like that! I found another flower on line that I am planning on making soon!Love ya, Brittany

Daryl Hausman said...

I love the flower! I should have known that Brittany would see it first...she is into making all the flowers! I don't think that I would have the patience though. I'll just pay her to make it for me! ;)
Love you all,
NH~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...