Wednesday, April 13, 2011

~WHAT Quiet Time with the Lord?~

If you are a Mother with young children...my subject line rang a bell with you. You woke up early this morning, determined that you will get to have quiet time with Jesus before pandemonium and chaos break out your morning with your sweet children begins. =)   Then...of course this is the very morning that your baby decides to wake up early, then your other children hear the baby, and want to eat NOW. You give a quick glance to the sky and tell the Lord that you WANT to be with Him, and then you go to the kitchen and PRAY while you are scrambling eggs. When you do brave it and read your Bible while holding your baby she sees that you have something in your hand...takes her sweaty little palm and grabs your delicate Bible page making it look like it needs to be mended, starched and ironed! =D  One of my friends who also has 5 children, shared this sweet verse with me. May it encourage your heart today as you seek to have that special Quiet time with God!

Isaiah 40:11 ~
11 He will feed His flock like a shepherd;
He will gather the lambs with His arm,
And carry them in His bosom,
And gently lead those who are with young.

God is the one who gave you the privilege of being a Mommy! He sees your efforts, and will bless your snatches of  Scripture reading, and praying over the dirty dishes.   May you have a blessed Day in Him...and may you get that longed-for quiet time.
(Just remember...one of these days we'll have LOTS of quiet time...and then we'll wish we could hear that sweet little voice saying, "Mommy, I love you" and have that little one crawl up into our laps for a hug. =)


14 comments:

Kim M. said...

Great post, Heather! Time with the Lord doesn't have to be squished into a small window of time. It can be practiced throughout the day. :-)

Rob and Deanna said...

Thanks for this post, Heather! Twins were up, one every hour throughout the night. So, yeah....feelin' this for sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is so me. Thanks for the post! It was so encouraging!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, motherhood and ministry are definitely not like college life where everything is on a schedule that rarely changes. Great that you realize God knows and understands. Remember those days...looking back now and seeing the faithfulness of God.

~Carla~ said...

I needed that today. Thank you, Carla

Misty said...

Thank you!! I needed that this week =)

Anonymous said...

Thankyou--I know the meaning of this post this week and last, while I and most of my family have been sick with strep throat and up and down all night long with very little sleep at all. Jesus is a very gentle shepherd indeed!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather,
What can I say you read my day! Thank you soooooooooo much! Love, Hannah Klunder

Brittany said...

Beautifully said! This is something that every Mom struggles with - so glad for the understanding Shepherd!

Steve~N~Angela said...

So true yet so easily forgotten ( by me) at times. Thank you for this encouraging post!

Blessings, Angela

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I needed that! I know children are a blessing, and we have chosen to let the Lord be in control of that area of our lives (I surrender ALL!?)...but some days I wonder what I think I am doing. So nice to be reminded that He is leading.
~Mama to 4, soon to be 5

lila said...

So glad our Heavenly Father knows the desire of each heart. I remember those days of choas but they end way too soon. I'm glad we can breath a prayer anytime anywhere. Love you tons

Melissa said...

I have always loved that verse!!! It's been such a special promise to me when things were/are hectic around here.

Unknown said...

Soon after our first son was born I went to talk to Mrs. Jewel Stetler who raised all of her children on a Bible College Campus. I wanted to see if she had any wisdom about raising children in this atmosphere who will love the Lord. One of the things I asked was "how do find time to study God's Word and pray when the demands are so great?" Her answer was very simple and in the form of a question, "Do you know how many times the tears from my prayers dripped into the dishwater?" It really is a heart attitude of being devoted to God and He understands the life He's called us to lead for this season. Thanks so much for the reminder! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...