Friday, May 13, 2011

~Fun Food Friday..."Reeses Peanut Butter Cake"~

This was supposed to post last night...but Blogger has been down...so here it is...better late than never. =D
~I LOVE REESES Candy bars! My sister gave me this yummy Peanut Butter frosting recipe and I love to put it on top of a chocolate cake! OK so it doesn't exactly taste like a Reeses candy bar...but it is DELICIOUS! (I don't have this option, for I can't get mini Reeses peanut butter cups here but those would be fun to cut in half and sprinkle on the top of this cake for a decorative touch. =)
~Peanut Butter Frosting~
2 T. melted margarine
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
2 T. milk (or enough to make smooth frosting)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
Mix in mixer until smooth and spread on your favorite chocolate cake. =)
(For chocolate frosting add 1/4 cup cocoa instead of Peanut Butter!)
~And as always....ENJOY!~

6 comments:

Dorcas said...

That sounds yummy!!

Crystal Mason said...

My Dad makes a yummy pt. butter icing too, but I've never been able to make it quite as good as his. I'll have to try this one - it sounds yummy right about now!

Heather, would you be able to email me (crystalmason@juno.com)? I don't think I have your email address anywhere, but I have a question I wanted to ask you. Thanks!

Blessings~
Crystal

Jana said...

This looks delicious!! Always a great combination-- peanut butter and chocolate!! :-)

~Carla~ said...

Here I am on a diet and you gotta go and post something like this. Thanks alot! Just kidding!! It looks WONDERFUL. And peanut butter is my favorite! Hope you all are well! Love ya, Carla

Making Memories 1999 said...

Ooooh, sounds yummy! =) Gonna have to try this out on my family! Thanks for posting. Also, I really like your family picture at the top of your blog. Very nice! Blessings...

Daryl Hausman said...

Sounds YUMMY!!!
NH~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...