Friday, September 9, 2011

~Fun Food Friday...Choc. syrup~

I have a recipe that I have used for years for making choc. syrup. But, I think I've found a recipe that I like a tad better.   This recipe is from the cookbook that Melanie Smith and her family gave me called "Healthy Meals for Less".   So, I'm sharing it with you. Super easy, super fast, super yummy! =)

~Chocolate Syrup~
(Similar to Hershey's syrup)
3/4 to 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 cups sugar
1/4 teas. salt
1 1/4 cups water
1 T. vanilla
In a 1-qt. saucepan, combine the cocoa, sugar and salt. Mix together until no cocoa lumps remain. Add the water and stir. Place over med. heat, and stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved (but do not boil), then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
Store in covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 months. It will become thicker when cold, but thins when reheated. (Use low heat and stir constantly.)
Use as ice cream topping, in milk to make choc. milk, or in coffee to make coffee mocha.
And as always...ENJOY!!

5 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

That's real close to the recipe that Moma gave me years ago!! Sounds yummy and I loved the pic to show it to us with chocolate syrup dripping down the pitcher, tempting us to lick it off!!! =)
Love ya lots, Laura

lila said...

Sounds yummy and I agree with Laura about the syrup dripping down the pitcher. Very cute setting.

mmsbryan said...

Daddy just left a big hint that I make some more chocolate syrup! We just used the last that I had made. I loved the drip on the sauce pitcher, very tempting. And by the way I loved the love dripping from those sweet handsome little boys and their Mommy. I love you, Moma

Anonymous said...

Yummy and delicious! Love, Hannah Klunder

Janie said...

Best chocolate syrup I have ever tasted
love ya guys and praying for ya love Abby
p.s tell Sarah I said hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...