Thursday, November 10, 2011

~Fun Food Friday...Apple Dumplings~

~Seek the Lord and His Strength, seek His face continually. I Chron. 16:11~
 I received this recipe in my inbox from my daily Taste Of Home recipe that comes my way.  I tried it and it was yummy!  It was fun making the "dumplings"...it was even  "fun-er" to eat them. = )
~Apple Dumplings~
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
For the syrup on top: 
2 cups packed brown sugar
I added some cinnamon and it was yummy! [ I didn't have any brown sugar at the time so my "syrup" is lighter.]
1 cup water (I would probably use less water next time.)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
Vanilla ice cream or Coolwhip
Directions In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 12-in. x 18-in. rectangle. Cut into six squares. Place 1/3 cup chopped apples in the center of each square. Brush edges of dough with water; fold up corners to center and pinch to seal. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour over dumplings. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
And As Always...ENJOY!
 

6 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

The apple dumplings sounds yummy!!
nh~

Anonymous said...

Heather, I don't know if you will read this or not but I thought I would write some news to you. Uncle Carson, Cheryl, David and boys rode one of the trains thru the mountains today from Etowah, TN. On that train they met Phil's Aunt Donna and husband. They had a good time talking. They love trains and go lots of places to ride them. Small world. They send you greetings and are vacation for a few more days.

lila said...

The dumplings look sooo yummy! You always display so beautifully. Of course your Moma is watching so, you know the rest of the story. LOL love you tons Happy Birthday!!! It is still your birthday month? Right?

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

The dumplings look yummy! Happy Birthday! So glad you're having a fun month and for all the little treats and blessings Jesus is sending you. So neat!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I think I'm going to try this! Love, Hannah Klunder

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. Enjoy all your photos on your blog!
-the Castle family

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...