Friday, February 3, 2012

~Fun Food Friday...Coca Cola Cake~

~Many of you may have seen this Coca Cola Cake on Pinterest . =)  I guess it's a Good Ol' Southern cake, Cracker Barrel serves it too, but I had never heard of it.  (Thanks, Brittany F. for telling me about it. =)
I had f.u.n. making it last night, taking these pictures, and eating it.  It is yummy, and my family agrees! =)~
~The Chocolate Cola Cake~
(I used the recipe from Pinterest and a few CHANGES from a BHG magazine recipe.)
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
Mix:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In a saucepan over medium high heat and stir this until it boils:
1 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup coca-cola (from bottle!)

Now take off heat and add that to the flour mix & whisk until combined.
Then add:
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix, put in prepared pan, bake it for about 30-35 minutes. It bakes up fast.  Don’t over-bake it!
When cake is nearly done make the glaze:
In a saucepan:
1/3-1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coca cola
Once that boils, remove and slowly stir in 3 3/4 - 4cups of confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. (If necessary may need to stir in additional cola 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.)
Then add about a cup of chopped pecans.
Once cake is done and out of oven (toothpick should come out clean), pour this warm glaze right over the top of the hot cake!

Let it sit… let it cool for a few minutes…
Enjoy warm or cold. (feel free to microwave it the next day for a few seconds to warm it up)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~Moist, Rich, Delicious!~ 
~I was in the kitchen and came around the corner to find my little Mary tip-toeing to get yet another "handful of ooey gooey Chocolate goodness!"  =) 
I hope you will try it.  It's simple and fast.
Just remember to POUR YOURSELF A BIG GLASS OF MILK to enjoy with your cake. =)
And as Always....Enjoy!!
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~LOOK WHAT JESUS DID FOR US?  We found out that the mailing address we were originally told to use here in Argentina, was missing part of our STREET name!  Ugh!  Maybe that would have a BIG PART in WHY our 3 months worth of mail hasn't arrived, you think?  =(
So, I sent my Moma our CORRECTED FULL mailing address and she tried to send another letter to us....AND IT ARRIVED TODAY, just 8 days later!  YEA!  Thank you, Jesus, and Thank you, Moma! =)~
 

6 comments:

~Carla~ said...

YAY!! So happy about the mail situation!!! Thank the Lord! LOVE that pic of Mary! What a dolly!!! ~Carla~

Charity said...

Yum! I had to smile about the note your momma put on there for "Argentina!" I thought about your fun food Friday tradition this week when I made the Betty Crocker low-fat mocha angel food cake. Sooo yummy- it doesn't taste low-cal at ALL- perfect with milk or coffee. You'll have to give it a shot :o)

Charity said...

The address for the recipe was:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/low-fat-mocha-angel-cake/ca0a8676-d88c-448a-a91f-1f1919a991dc

mmsbryan said...

Well, it looks like my note to the Argentina Post worked . . . maybe the correct address had something to do with it. At any rate we are thankful that the Lord helped it to arrive. Maybe they will look around and find some of your magazines for some of them had the right address. Poor Baby Mary got caught - too cute. I love you, Moma

Rob and Deanna said...

Neato, about the mail! Dusti just found Valentines' cards that he wrote for Eligha ;-)his spelling last year, but never got sent. He was wondering if he could send cards to your kids and was sad that mail wasn't getting to you.
Enjoyed your Mama's "lil' note" on the front of the envelope. :-) LOL

sherryldickinson said...

I must admit, THIS chocolate cake looks delicious to me. I've wanted a piece of Coca Cola Cake from Cracker Barrel but never did get the chance to enjoy a piece. Maybe I can get your recipe made up soon. When I see pieces of mail that's arrived at your 'foreign country' address, my heart leaps for joy! I have prayed over every piece of mail I have ever sent you guys. I always want you to receive your mail just as badly as you want to receive it.
Love, Mom D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...