Tuesday, July 31, 2012

~Our Colombian Independence Day~

Friday, July 20th, was Colombia's Independence day.  At last minute after church on Thursday night, I invited Pastor Jimmy and Sis. Farly and their family over for a grill out.  So, here's some fun pics of our time celebrating Colombia! =)
~ I had seen these FUN blue and white polka dotted shoes (flats) and WANTED them before 4th of July...but I didn't want to spend the money, so I didn't get them!   However, I NEVER forgot about them.  =) When Bro. Smith and Stephanie left, they snuck and gave me money to give to Phillip "for being such a good host" and gave money to Phillip to give to me "for being such a good hostess!"  =)  So, when Phillip gave me the money I KNEW exactly what I wanted to buy with that money. 
I didn't get to get these shoes in time for our Independence day, but I got them in time for Colombia's Independence day.  =)~
~We made a Colombian flag out of Mango, grapes, and strawberries! =) ~
~The 3 cooks in the kitchen.  (L to R: Heather, Judy (Sis. Farly's sister), and Sis. Farly.~
~Some of the "chefs" upstairs out on our patio.~
~Judy and Rual's 3 sons David, Nicolas, and Serigo, with Noah.~
~Grilling up some GOOD meat.~
~Some GREAT chefs.~
~They taught us how to grill Plaintain (Platano) like a large banana.  It was good!~
~Our table.  Our Colombian flag (covered in plastic) was the tablecloth.~
~My red, yellow, and blue Colombian flowers.  =) ~
~The grilled platano.~
~Everyone took turns wearing the boys cowboy hats! =) ~

~Having fun and making memories!~
~Bro. Jimmy's Dad playing Bop-it!~
~Cute Mary tries out the hat.~
~Then later we went downstairs and ate ice cream for dessert.~
~Bro. Jimmy's Mom made us some yummy Colombian Tinto.  (dark sweetened coffee.) Here Judy and Sis. Sofia are serving up the Tinto RICO (YUMMY Coffee!!) ~
~I loved this pic...see the steam rising up from the coffee?~
~We had a wonderful day together.  Lots of eating, Lots of laughing, Lots of playing games, and Lots of fun with our Colombian FAMILY! =) ~

5 comments:

RicKaren said...

Adorable shoes, yummy looking grill food and I also enjoyed "Miracle Monday." Thanks for sharing!

sherryldickinson said...

I liked this interesting post showing the interaction between your family and your church family. I liked all the 'hat' pictures with the different ones wearing the hats. Looking over the high roof top nearly gave me the spooks thinking of Elijah climbing up there but we used to have a balcony and none of my siblings ever fell from it. The creative ways you used the Colombian flag colors was pretty - fruit flag, flowers in vase, and the flag tablecloth. Bless your dear little hospitable hard-working heart! You're the hostess with the mostest! Love, Mom D

sherryldickinson said...

PS - Thank you for changing your 'robot profed' comment area to numerals and letters. It sure made it a lot easier for me to use. Love, Mom D

sherryldickinson said...

PPS - Oh yes, I LOVE the picture of Phillip in his Colombian sombrero with Kimberly, and then, all the people in the background. It is such a fun picture of the Colombian culture. Mom D

lila said...

Cute shoes, am happy you could get them!! It looks so beautiful there and you all have so much fun with all those sweet people. I think we should just move there, that is if you all was staying there permanently. love you tons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...