Friday, September 14, 2012

~Fun Food Friday...Cinnamon-Sugar Scones

~I told you earlier that my Aug.-Sept. Taste of Home magazine arrived.
In there I found a recipe for an easy MAKE-AHEAD baking mix.  And from that mix  you can make Flaky Italian (or normal) biscuits, and these Cinnamon-sugar scones. ~
 ~Biscuit Baking Mix~
(Taste of Home)
Mix 9 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup baking powder
1 Tab. salt
Cut in 2 cups of shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 
Store in airtight container in cool, dry place. (Makes about 12 cups.)

~Cinnamon-sugar Scones~
Mix 3 cups of Biscuit baking mix
1/4 cup sugar
Whisk together 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I would think you could substitute sour cream, and add a tad more sugar)
1/3 cup milk
1 Tab. vanilla extract
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Stir in 1 cup cinnamon chips or semisweet choc. chips.
On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 times.  Pat into a 9" circle.  Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.  Cut into 8-12 wedges; Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 13-16 mins. or until golden brown.
 ~I mixed up the baking mix the night before.  Then...the next morning...I loved the part that the scones only took me about 5 mins. to mix up and then they were ready...
~to pop into the oven.~
~And your little boys won't care if you serve theirs on this kind of plate instead of a fancy one..., just as long as you make them for them.  =) ~
~Flaky Italian Biscuits~
Mix 2 cups Biscuit baking mix and 1 teas. Italian seasoning.
Stir in 1/2 cup of half and half cream just until moistened.  On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 times.  Roll out to 1/2" thickness; Cut with a 2 1/2" biscuit cutter.  Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheeting.  Bake at 425 for 13-16 mins. or until Golden.  Makes 8 biscuits.

And as Always...ENJOY!
 

4 comments:

Charity said...

Looks like a yummy coffee treat! And I KNOW you have good coffee in Colombia! Mind if I come over?

RicKaren said...

Looks yummy! I love the flavors of fall! Little Mary's skirt and the others are so cute too! Praying that your hubby has a good trip and comes home safely to you!

lila said...

I love scones. These sound and look really good. Thanks for posting!!

The Kitchen Kook said...

I just made some cinnamon chip scones myself! So buttery, tender, soft, and delicate. Mmm. Literally the best thing that I’ve made.

I used a slightly different recipe than yours with less flour – so the scones were super moist! I hope to try yours soon and compare!

http://thekitchenkook.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-best-most-perfect-scone-recipe-ever.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...