Friday, September 7, 2012

~Fun Food Friday...Gingersnap cookies and 2 dips~

~Thank you for helping me pray that my magazines will start arriving safely!  Jesus sent in my Aug./Sept. Taste of Home yesterday!  =)  
Now, I'm just PRAYING ALL THE HARDER that my Better Homes and Gardens magazine (s) will arrive soon.  Please keep praying.  =)~
I wanted to share Mrs. Naomi's YUMMY gingersnap cookie and dip recipe with you.  I remember eating these and LOVING them when I was a teen living in LA!  =)
I'll share a fun Fall dip recipe to serve with them too.
 ~Gingersnap cookies and Date dip.~
~Mrs. Naomi's Gingersnap Cookies~
Mix:
2/3 cup veg. oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses (or I use honey)

Add Dry ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 teas. salt
2 teas. soda
1 teas. each of Cinnamon and Ginger

Mix all together and roll dough into 1" balls and roll into granulated (white) sugar.  Place 2 inches a part on lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 mins. (less for soft cookie) at 350 and serve with one of the 2 delicious dips below.

~Mrs. Naomi's Date Dip~
7 oz. Marshmallow creme
8 oz. softened Cream Cheese
1 t. vanilla
Blend dates and then when stirring into dip, mash with a fork.  Add enough dates to make the dip taste good.

For Fall, I like to serve this dip with these gingersnaps.
~Pumpkin Dip~
8 oz. softened cream cheese
15 oz. pumpkin pie mix (or if using reg. canned pumpkin, add some pumpkin pie spice to it.)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teas. ground cinnamon
1/4 teas. ginger

And as Always...ENJOY!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Phillip! Your gingersnaps look delicious. My dad loves gingersnaps so I will have to try this recipe out for him :) Love your pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...