Wednesday, September 12, 2012

~SEW fun...and please pray!~

The Lord opened the door for my sweetheart to go back to the USA for a few days to attend our Christian Nation Church ministerial, get our paperwork that we need for our Colombian residencies, etc.  He was very excited about getting to go, but SAD to leave us behind.  The night before he left little Mary got sick, so I was awake some of the night with her!  One of the times I ran down the stairs to check on her (for Mary was asleep in the girl's room for Phillip was packing until 2:00 A.M. in our room with the lights on)  AND I SLIPPED ON A STAIR falling down a couple steps.  THANK THE LORD it wasn't a worse fall.
THEN....Today, the guard and water man rang our door bell saying they were here to "SHUT OFF YOUR WATER!!!"  I told them that I would go upstairs and look for the receipt, but that my husband pays the bills and he wasn't here right now."  I went upstairs with my heart in my TOES...praying that the water bill was paid.  THANK THE LORD, I found the bill and it had been paid.  I don't know how they got mixed up, but they NEARLY SCARED me half to death.  So, all that to say, I would appreciate your prayers for Phillip in the USA (he is to preach 3 times in the short time he'll be there) and FOR US HERE!  THANK YOU!
(Nicole, I got your nice comment on the last post, and I'm working on an answer for you.  =)
~Here recently the girls and I have been doing some sewing.  I made this fast fun jean skirt for little Mary.~
~I like making elastic waists skirts for little girls, so they'll stay up on them.  =) ~
~Sweet little Joanna attends the Paraiso school.  Her mother is in a difficult situation right now, so Pastor Jimmy and Sis. Farly have been asked to take care of her for awhile.  Sis. Farly told me that she didn't have hardly any clothes when she arrived, and she didn't own any skirts.  So, I made her this little jean skirt, and am hoping to make her some more.  (If you are near my Phillip and have some clothes for a 4 or 5 year old little girl, he would probably have some space to bring a few dresses, skirts, and blouses back for little Joanna.)
 Please pray for her and her family.~
~And we made Kimberly and Mary "sort of matching" polka dotted skirts.  Kimberly made Mary's flower she is wearing in her hair out of extra material that matches her skirt.~
~Kimberly and Mary are inseparable (as are Sarah and Mary too! =) ~
We hope to do more sewing soon.

8 comments:

Rob and Deanna said...

Love the cute skirts! We have been praying for you and the kids especially while Phillip is over here.

Anonymous said...

Susan Hunt said,
Heather, I wanted to share some GREAT NEWS with you...God has given us another blessing due around May 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are very excited and everybody is hoping for a girl. Dad says that it's to late to pray...it's already decided. Lynnette texted me back and said, "Awww so happy for youhuyhs. Shes gunna be BEAUTIFUL! When is she due?" She's already claimed it! We would love a little girl very much. Can't wait to keep sharing news with you. Call me sometime if you like. I am not usually able to get through. Lots of love from me,my family, and a sweet little one.

Roseanne said...

Will be praying. And great job on the skirts. They turned out really cute. Love the poke-a-dot ones. And the flower looks darling.

Kimberly said...

prayers for you, Heather! (i will have to tell my Mom that she & her cookies are "famous"! :) love ya...

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

Love the skirts! My mom always used to make our Easter dresses, and my favorite one was a navy and white polka dot! Great memories.

~Carla~ said...

Darling Skirts!!! Great job!!

Brittany said...

So cute! I just love those skirts, especially the polka dots :) I've been doing a bit more sewing lately, too, and enjoying it! Will keep you all in my prayers - I know you're missing your hubby!

lila said...

So sad I didn't see your post in time to get some clothes to Bro. Phillip. I'm sure Lori has several things Grace has out grown. Praying for you all. It was such an honor to have Bro. Phillip at our church and get to see him again at the Congress. The skirts you made are adorable. love you all tons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...