Sunday, November 25, 2012

~Our HAPPY Thanksgiving~

Jesus gave us such a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with our Colombian family!! =)    We invited Pastor Jimmy, Sis. Farly, Nataly, Gaby, and Bro. Jimmy's parents Bro. Jaime, and Sis. Sofia over to help us celebrate.  We would have loved to have invited the whole church, but there wasn't enough room in our house.  =) 
~I made 2 pumpkin pies.   This one I cut little leaves out of pastry and put them around the outside of the crust. ~
~
~and these are little pumpkins around this crust. ~
~Phillip was in charge of the turkey.  It was the biggest turkey we've ever had; 26 pounds. God really helped him and it was DELICIOUS!~
~I was glad that Jesus used my little leaves/pumpkins to help my crust not slide down into the pie like normally happens here in Bogota.~
~I also made 2 apple pies.~
~Everyone worked together to make the dinner.  Even Elijah helped by taking the grapes off to cook them for my fresh grape juice.  =) (I served a punch of my fresh grape juice with Sprite and it was yummy and refreshing.   4 cups of grape juice to 5 cups of Sprite.)  Yum!~
~I asked Kimberly and Phillip to pick some branches with orang-ish berries for our table.~
~Kimberly made us some of her "leaves with the egg shell border" to put on each place card. They were pretty and added a fun touch to our table. =) ~
~The berries and candles also added a nice touch and went well with our charcoal tablecloth..~
~Before we ate the kids and Bro. Jaime were doing "tops" outside.  Tops are really in right now here in Colombia.  The tops are made out of hard plastic or wood and come with a string.  One has to LEARN how to wrap the string around it, then throw it just right, so that when it lands it goes round and round.  Bro. Jaime was showing us how to do it on our hand. =) ~


~Our family on Thanksgiving. =)  Very Blessed.~
~Phillip did a CRACK BANG JOB with our turkey.  He brined the turkey all night in spices. (I just decorated it with the fruit after he did all the work. =)  His turkey turned out DELICIOUS, and Pretty too!!~ 


~Sis. Sofia brought the HUGE pot of yummy mashed potatoes, and Sis. Farly made the yummy salad to go along with our gravy, and my candied carrots, green beans, and french bread.  =) ~
~After dinner we had a special time of praising God together.  Pastor Jimmy gave us a good devotional, and then we went around the table saying what we were thankful for.  There were lots of tears as we each THANKED GOD for our BLESSINGS!  
~Then we sang several choruses and prayed together too.~
~Then we played a fun game together, ate pie, and finished off the evening with my Pumpkin Pie Lattes.~
~Sarah and Gaby.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day together.  I hope that you too had a wonderful Thanksgiving. ~
 

7 comments:

RicKaren said...

The turkey looks amazing enough, that even though I've had turkey for the last 4 days, I want more! =) Love the pic of little Mary too!

Daryl Hausman said...

How wonderful! Glad Jesus blessed your time together. Sorry just now getting time to catch up with your blog! Life is running too fast for us these days! =) Much Love,
Laura and family

Denise said...

You never cease to amaze me, Miss Heather! Everything was over-the-top as usual and my...that turkey looks like it was done by Mr. Martha-Stewart-in-Columbia! :) You all are incredible! One could see the worship and enjoyment being had by our brothers and sisters there. It was a Thanksgiving they will always treasure!
Much love,
~Aunt Nesi

lila said...

So glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Everything looks beautiful!! Love your table and love how everyone chips in and helps. You all are the best. I'm so happy that those people have had you all to show them the real ways of holiness!!! Love you tons

~Carla~ said...

What a sweet sweet time together. ~Carla~

Janie said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner sure looks delicious! I love your centerpieces with the berries. So pretty! Phillip's turkey looks amazing. And I love your lattes too! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Heather,
Love love love your table! I don't know how you do it, but it's always so beautiful! The top thing is very popular in Mexico, too! Fun! I remember always watching with awww as the boys or men would make then really go! I also love that pic of Mary and what a cute outfit! Love and Prayers, Hannah Klunder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...