Saturday, December 15, 2012

~14th day (Fun Food Friday) and 15th day of Christmas~

I was running too fast yesterday to get a post on. So, here are days 14 and 15 of my Christmas days on my blog.
~14th day of Christmas~
FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
~I was delighted to find this fun Christmas "Peppermint candy" dish on sale for 50% off.  (It makes it more fun when you realize that we cannot get peppermint candies like this here in Colombia, so I was REALLY surprised to see this dish! =)
~Recently I came across this yummy recipe for Turtle Cookies! (click here for recipe!)
~They are yummy and we really enjoy them!~
~15th day of Christmas!~
Our mid-week service at our church here is on Thursday.  Sis. Farly told me that every Thursday during December the ladies work together to bring in a snack to share together after the service.  Pastor Jimmy and Sis. Farly did the first Thursday.  Sis. Farly made a yummy cold drink and served some donuts.
I volunteered for the 2nd Thursday.  I was SO HAPPY to find This High altitude sugar cut-out cookie recipe to make.
(For those of you who don't know, when you try to make regular cut out cookie recipes at the nearly 9,000 ft. above sea level that Bogota is...they RUN all over your cookie sheet, they lose their form, and the baker wants to WEEP!  I ought to know, for I've tried to make cut-out cookies here for over 6 years, with NO SUCCESS.)
So, bless this dear ladies' heart for posting this High altitude cut-out cookie recipe.  It made for some fun yummy cookies which our people really enjoyed!
I also made some "Choc. Covered Cherry" cookies...by stirring in chopped up maraschino cherries into my Choc. chip cookies!  =)
~Then I made this cheese ball that I posted awhile back.  Here the cream cheese is a lot softer, so I couldn't make my cheese ball into fun Christmas shapes like I wanted to (Snowman, wreath, pine cone, etc.), or they would just fall apart. 
So, I made a double batch of this cheese ball, spread it out on a Christmas plate and made a Poinsettia flower to decorate the top.
Poinsettia Flower decoration: Use basil leaves for the green, cut red pepper into the red leaves, and use yellow pepper chopped (or I used cheddar cheese chopped into small squares) for the yellow center of the flower. =) 
I served 2 of these "cheese ball plates"  with whole wheat and regular crackers and they were a HIT!~
~I snapped this picture before service, knowing I wouldn't have time to snap any afterwards. =) ~
~Sis. Farly helping serve the drinks.~
~Pastor Jimmy's uncle and son provided the drinks and some yummy sandwiches.~

 ~We had a delightful evening fellowship-ing together after church.~
 

6 comments:

Denise said...

I LOVE your poinsettia flower!!! and everything else (as usual ;) ). What a delightful thing to do as we celebrate Jesus' Birthday! I know He must be pleased... as a parent, I think, wow, the Father must just about burst with emotion!
Love and Hugs,
Aunt Nesi

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! ~Carla~

lila said...

Very cute!! So happy with all the Christian fellowship you all share!! I know those dear people will almost die with grief when you all leave! :( We will be happy to see you!! Love and prayers

mmsbryan said...

Here it is the 17th and I am just catching up from the 14th. The schedule has been filled with lots of fun things of Christmas. Your poinsettia on your cheese dip is lovely. Love, Moma

Daryl Hausman said...

I so L.O.V.E. that Poinsettia flower! Darling! Love you and just now having time to catch up on your blog... this whole month of Dec (today is the 20th=( I've only had time to text you. thankful that we can do that much at least. Love all your Christmas decor too. Ours coming soon! Love ya much and praying much for all that's on your plates just now. Satan isn't happy with all your doing... but he is NOT the one in charge here. GOD IS! Praise His name! Laura and Family

Dorcas said...

Hi Heather,
Last night I sat down and took the time to read through all 25 Days of Christmas. Everything was so beautifully done!! I'm in the process of making the Turtle Cookies right now and they are delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipes!!
Dorcas from Grand Cayman

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...