Saturday, December 1, 2012

~The 1st of 25 days of Christmas~

~It's beginning to look A LOT like Christmas in our house!!
But, first let me give an explanation.
As many of you know, we are working on our Colombian residency papers.  They have taken a lot longer than we expected, but we are HAPPY that it looks like we get to spend Christmas here in Colombia with our dear Colombian friends.
We can't move to Argentina until we have those VERY IMPORTANT papers.
(For the last 6 years our Colombian visas required that we had to be in Colombia more than 6 months out of any given year.  Most of the time that wasn't a problem, for we were here, but when it came time to do deputation, it was harder.
With these residency papers we should be able to feel free to minister for Jesus in Argentina as well, and travel back here when we can, instead of being required to live here 6 months each year.)
For 2 years now we have planned to go back to the USA in March 2013 for deputation.
PLEASE PRAY that God will help our Colombian residency papers come through before then. 
THANK YOU!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!  I'm probably just as much of a "kid" as our kids.  =D
I L.O.V.E. the lights, the Colors, the scents, decorating for Christmas, CHRISTMAS MUSIC, baking Christmas goodies, buying the gifts, wrapping them, dressing my family and I in Christmasy clothes, seeing our kid's excitement over. every. little. detail., spending time with my family and friends, reading the Christmas story in Luke 2, and remembering a tiny little baby Jesus that was born in a stable.  Being a missionary has it ADJUSTMENTS...so it is comforting to my heart that Jesus was the MISSIONARY OF ALL MISSIONARIES and He MORE THAN understands!
He left the Splendor of Heaven to come down to a smelly stable and then...he grew up to suffer and die for my sins.
But, He didn't stay on the cross, he arose from the grave and is interceding for Me/You right now!
Yes, Christmas is SO SPECIAL...because JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!  =)
Stay tuned for something Christmasy (our Christmas decor, a recipe, etc.) on my blog each day of these 25 days in December.  =)
 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I do believe we both love Christmas. The picture of your little ones is adorable. I am hosting a Day's of Christmas linky and would love to have you add your name(it is on the side of my blog). It is so much fun to see how everyone celebrates the wonderful Christmas season - The birth of precious baby Jesus.

mmsbryan said...

O the delight of Christmas! Your first post is special and speaks volumes of what this day holds to all of us. I got Grandmother's tree up tonight for her but had to stop and harvest a pumpkin and some drop apples to make a couple pies for tomorrow. Merry Christmas to ya'll from Tennessee where the tree star is spinning splases of color all over the ceiling. Remember? I love you, Moma

Charity said...

Such a sweet picture!! I'll be looking forward to your posts!

lila said...

Wow, how did I get so far behind on your blog? I too love Christmas and have a few fun get togathers planned. Merry Christmas to you all!!! Love you tons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...