Friday, May 8, 2015

~Fun Food Friday...Giant Choc. chip Cookie!~

 
 
~Since I never have had a round metal pizza pan with sides I never could make one of those yummy Giant choc. chip cookies, until last week!  ~
I just googled and found this recipe.  I'm sure there are a million and one recipes out there for these Giant cookies, and probably just as tasty, but this is the one I made.  
Since I thought our visitor David Stamper might come over on Saturday (since it was supposed to pour the rain all day) I made this cookie on Friday night. 
But, God stopped the rain so we could show our friend David some of Buenos Aires, so he (David)  didn't come to our house until Sunday.  
~I threw on some extra mini choc. chips before I baked it.~
 
I didn't know how moist this cookie would still be 2 days later.  
But, I wasn't disappointed!  It was still chewy and moist and delicious!  :-)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 

Cook time
Total time
 
Author:
Ingredients
  • 12 Tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips + more
  • decorations (m&m's, frosting, sprinkles, etc)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with grease parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl cream together melted butter and brown sugar.
  4. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
  5. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
  6. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
  7. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
  8. Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
  9. Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips on top. (optional)
  10. Bake for 13-15 minutes. (do not over bake. Remember cookie will continue to cook as it cools)
  11. Let cookie cool on pan until completely cooled.
  12. Once cooled decorate as desired.
  13. Serve plain or topped with ice cream!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~The possibilities of decorating this giant cookie are endless. 
I let my Sarah, Noah, Elijah, and Mary decorate this one! :-) ~

As they say here in South America...Buen Provecho!  (Or we'll just say... Enjoy! :-)
~HEATHER~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...