Sunday, February 14, 2016

~My Valentine's day Decor...~

~WE LOVE....BECAUSE HE (JESUS) FIRST LOVED US!!~
~On my buffet~



  ~Cute little heart shaped iron skillets.~
 ~My antique tennis racket that Phillip found me in Argentina, and then we...made into a chalkboard.~
 ~Our old gas stove.~
 ~I was going to erase the "JESUS" chalkboard from Christmas, and think of something Valentine-y to write...
When it dawned on me...that JESUS WAS THE WHOLE REASON WE KNOW HOW TO LOVE!!!
So, I left Him RIGHT there in my Valentine decor. ~
 ~We love this canvas, for it reminds us so much of our beloved Argentina.~
 ~My little Fleur de lis from New Orleans, the pretty picture with a bicycle in it, and my pretty little "bicycle built for two."~


 ~God truly IS FAITHFUL...Wow!  What a Savior!!!!! (Still LOVING my sign from you, Brittany!)~



  ~My 3 goblets I brought back from Argentina and my "Amor" sign the girls got me there as well.~
 ~We got to have the girl's friend RaeQuelle over for an evening, so I enjoyed sitting a fun table.  RaeQuelle is the daughter of my great friend Kelly...who was my roommate at G.B.S. for 2 years! :-)~
 ~Elijah and his cousin Bryan found this "D" in the fire pit in our back yard.  Not sure how it got there, but I love it's rustic look. ~

~I love my cute little "Love" sign I got for cheap at Kroger Market Place.  I love grocery shopping there!!~

 ~I made homemade French Bread...and then Laura shared the recipe for, and I made some "Carrabas Crumbles" as a yummy dipping sauce. (Olive oil, and fresh spices.)~
 ~I used my antique salt dishes for the girls' sauce for their bread.~
 ~For dessert I just made some yummy ooey-gooey Brownies...and served them with ice cream.~
 ~Served a simple fresh salad, and fresh lemonade,
 ~And I made spaghetti with sauce, and browned some chicken breast to put on top.~


 ~Our boys spent the evening with RaeQuelle's brothers, so there were just 6 of us, plus Abigail in the high chair. (I use the side of the antique stove for Abigail's little magnets. :-)~
 ~Kimberly, RaeQuelle, and Sarah.~
 ~The bread and the "crumbles dipping sauce."
 ~Yummy brownies and ice cream...with a cherry raspberry on top.~
 ~Sweet lil' Abigail enjoying her dessert.~
 ~Our Sarah mixed up a double batch of Aunt Beth's pretzel bites for RaeQuelle and her family and our family to snack on during the evening.~
 ~I found this cute little "Love you to the Moon and back" sign for a little bit of nothing, so couldn't resist getting it to add another Valentine touch.~
~With it's gold letters it's hard to see in this pic.~

 ~My Sweetheart got us girls some beautiful baby roses to enjoy.~



 ~This neat little Bite Size treat mold that I wanted....
 ~And some yummy dark chocolates...with almonds.  :-)  WOW!  He's a sweetheart!!! 
(I found him 3 fun dress shirts on MAJOR sale and surprised him with those.  It was a HAPPY Jesus THING...finding those shirts on sale...and a Blessing, for Phillip NEEDED them!~
 ~Yummy!

MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY LORD'S DAY...AND A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
~HEATHER~

8 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Well, it's time to change this comment of yours about your heart being lonely in Colombia and Argentina, so we'll be watching for that, little Miss Homemaker. :-) This post about your Valentine's Day décor had a lot of cute pictures and fun things to look at. I liked all you had to say here, and especially the part where you were able to find 3 shirts for Phillip that were really cheap. I liked that you said that we are able to have love because Jesus first loved us. How on earth did Elijah and Bryan find a letter D in your fire pit? Now, wasn't that special? Oh, your pretty crystal goblets that you used with your spaghetti dinner are so gorgeous, and they brought back memories of using them at your house in Phoenix! This meal was so nice, and it was fun to see your culinary skills displayed in it all (For instance, your beautiful loaf of French Bread.). I see that you all are stoking the palate of little Miss Abigail to like chocolate. The way she is tenderly looking at that bite of chocolate brownie in her spoon shows you've ruined her already! Ha! I made the pictures big and looked at them in a slide show. Ohhhhhhh, how I enjoyed seeing you all, your house, and your décor! Much love and even more love, Mom D

sherryldickinson said...

Well, it's time to change this comment of yours about your heart being lonely in Colombia and Argentina, so we'll be watching for that, little Miss Homemaker. :-) This post about your Valentine's Day décor had a lot of cute pictures and fun things to look at. I liked all you had to say here, and especially the part where you were able to find 3 shirts for Phillip that were really cheap. I liked that you said that we are able to have love because Jesus first loved us. How on earth did Elijah and Bryan find a letter D in your fire pit? Now, wasn't that special? Oh, your pretty crystal goblets that you used with your spaghetti dinner are so gorgeous, and they brought back memories of using them at your house in Phoenix! This meal was so nice, and it was fun to see your culinary skills displayed in it all (For instance, your beautiful loaf of French Bread.). I see that you all are stoking the palate of little Miss Abigail to like chocolate. The way she is tenderly looking at that bite of chocolate brownie in her spoon shows you've ruined her already! Ha! I made the pictures big and looked at them in a slide show. Ohhhhhhh, how I enjoyed seeing you all, your house, and your décor! Much love and even more love, Mom D

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Mom,
Thank you for the nice comment. My Moma told me that it was time to change that comment, that I wasn't in Colombia or Argentina anymore, so the other day I took the time to CHANGE THE WORDS IN MY PROFILE ON MY BLOG, thinking that everything was FIXED! I totally forgot that I had that little comment on this comment page. :-) So, now it's all up-to-date. :-)
Love you,
~Heather~

lila said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely,!! I enjoyed the beautiful table and all the Valentine décor!!

Amy said...

Hello Heather! I have been reading your blog for several years now, and have enjoyed so much coming to know your sweet family. I realized last night that perhaps the time has come to introduce myself to you as I often refer to you in my mind as "my friend Heather"! My name is Amy, my husband and I have four wonderful children (Matthew age 14, Sarah age 11, Rebekah age 7 and Mary age 5). We have been married for 17 years, and our children attend a wonderful Christian school near our home in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have learned so much from you over these last years, and my faith has grown from yours. Nearly 20 years ago, I lived in Uruguay as a missionary for my Church, and spent several months in Colonia, so your pictures of that town that I love were so dear! I would love to correspond with you if you're willing, and perhaps become your friend, as well. Thank you again for sharing your faith and your darling family.

Best,
Amy

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Amy,
How perfectly delightful to get your sweet comment! Thank you for faithfully reading my blog and for being "my friend Amy" whom I didn't know I had. ;-) Of course I would love to correspond with you. How very NEAT that you were a missionary to Colonia, Uruguay. What a small world!! :-) I can see how you would have enjoyed all the pics I posted of Colonia. God's richest blessings be on you and your sweet family!!

Blessings,
~Heather~

Hannah Avery said...

I loved seeing all of your pretty Valentines decor. You are so creative in putting together and arranging everything! Those brownies look delicious!

-Hannah

Moma said...

Dearest Heather, Thank you for your post and for the wonderful day on the Lord's Day that we spent. The Lord made it just for us! It was a wonderful dinner at Laura's celebrating Daddy and Daryl birthday that they share and morning of worship at church all together. God's presence was so real in the service! Then about 2:00 in the afternoon it started to snow and what a lovely day we had all together with our two daughters, their men and "ten" grandchildren! That day was made perfect by all the snow coming and closing us in for the day with family. Daddy and I got your special thank you card for our wonderful day and enjoyed it very much. The kids were so welcome to "last years" birthday gifts. Sorry I have just made the time to comment on it all, I was very weary for some days and then we had a very busy Saturday and Lord's Day. I love you all very much, Moma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...